Pancake Based Saturday Morning Pizza

Hello again, with a new experimental recipe :) I wake up around 5:45 AM every day, this time I woke up before the alarm went off, and instead of going back to bed I decided to do something creative. Pancake Based Pizza! Let us take a look what we will get in the end :)



Here are the ingredients:

  • oatmeal: 5 tbsp
  • eggs: 8 
  • flaxseeds: 1 tbsp
  • olive oil: 1 tbsp
  • garlic oil: 1 tbsp
  • broccoli: 250 - 300 gr
  • chicken breast: 250 - 300 gr
  • tomato paste: 4 tbsp
  • onions
  • black pepper and jalapeno and thyme
  • meltable cheese: this time I was out of options because I had so little cheese left and I used --the cheese-- but normally cheddar is to be used.

So we start off with grinding the oatmeal with flaxseeds in a blender dry, without adding anything. They won't be getting into a form as flour, that is how we can get more fluffy pancake base. I think I should have used baking powder so that I could achieve more expanded and fluffy base, next time I will definitely try to make it also using baking powder.

Grind oatmeal with flaxseeds dry, without adding anything.

Separate egg whites and yokes. We won't be using all the egg yokes so it is better to find a solution for them since I really don't like to throw away food. When I have excessive amounts, I usually just boil or cook the yokes in the first place to be able to keep them for later.

Separate egg whites and yokes.

In this phase, it should be better to use a nonstick pan. Use the olive oil and garlic oil completely oil the surface. This was the biggest pancake I have ever cooked, so it was a little harder to handle, but if you cook slowly you won't have any problems. The base I made was nearly 23-25 cm in diameter. It is good to keep in mind not to cover the base with a lid when it is waiting for you to finish other stuff. Because it will shrink a lot if you do that. So I left it in the pan and used the electric stove in the least possible heating value option to keep it warmer. Also turning on the oven and putting the base in it while it is warming could be an option since very soon we will need the oven.

It can be hard to flip it.


Cook the base slowly then you'll have no problems handling the giant pancake.

Boil the broccoli with adding black pepper in water, I did not do this time but lemon juice can be added. I did not want to put the onions in this phase because I did not want them to be really soft or melted on the pizza.

Boil the broccoli with black pepper added in the water. 
I followed these steps while cutting the broccoli; first, I separated the stem, then, cut the treelike structure to four equal pieces along their stem. I also cut the bigger stem in slices as you can see in the picture since I like to eat that part of broccoli too.

This is after boiling, you can tell it is ready to put on the pizza base when they slightly start to bend.
Boil the chicken breast as well. I did not even cut the chicken breast because it was already cut in stripes. After boiling it was pretty easy to just break them into pieces in desired sizes by hand.

I used the same water I boiled the broccoli to do the chicken.

Prepare the tomato sauce. I added two yokes and whisked them with tomato paste. It is up to you how much tomato paste to be used, but I added 4 tbsp.

The pizza base completely covered with egg yokes and tomato paste mixture.
Take the boiled chicken breast off the stove and decorate the pizza base with the all the ingredients.

This guy is ready to get in the oven.

So it is ready to bake the pizza. I followed these steps in this process; first, I just baked it for 10 minutes without adding any cheese, then, got it covered with cheese and baked for another 10 minutes, then repeated the second step and baked for another 10 minutes. I had to watch the oven all the time since I am temporary not in my own house and my own kitchen, but it is not the hardest thing to bake the pizza.



I ate this as a breakfast with my Italian friend, and he was also pretty satisfied with the result. I enjoyed my pieces dipping them in mustard. So like as always, eat it showing no mercy!

Final Result













Comments

Popular Posts