Celery Roots with a Meatball

Hi there. I am totally convinced that I have to change the diet constantly by watching carefully my activities, season, my body's current state and so on. There are a ton of compounds to this, and this reflects directly on my nutrition. I am trying to learn more about nutrition every day, and this causes to keep trying a very wide range of ingredients of my half experimental (I can say :D) food. So without further ado, let's go to the recipe and awesome food.

This is What to Get as a Final Result.

Ingredients:

  • 200-250 gr of minced meat (preferably low fat)
  • 2 slices of melting cheese (cheddar in this case)
  • 50 gr of Harzer Käse 
  • half of a medium sized celery root
  • 2 stalks of green onions
  • 2cloves of garlic
  • 2 tablespoon of tomato paste (or real tomatoes)
  • jalapeño pepper
Start off with taking a medium sized celery root and cutting it into a half. Get rid of the peel. Then cut the half into around one cm thick slices. I prefer more geometrical cuts, what I mean by geometrical is, get the geometrical object like products when you slice like, cubes or rectangular prisms. From my experience people tend to find these more appealing to the eye, therefore, it will taste better for my opinion. 

Geometrical and Same Size Cuts Make the Meal Look More Appealing
As you can see in the photo, I cut squares first, then I cut prisms from the squares. Cubes or triangular prisms could work too but according to your style, you will have to find another use for the parts you would not be able to use. 

Take a pot with boiling water, add black pepper and celery root cuts. Let them boil in the medium heat.

Let The Celery Root Boil
While celery root is boiling, separate green onions into two parts; green part and the white bottom part. We want them to relatively disappear in the minced meat texture, so make a cross shape cut through the length, and then chop them to get very small pieces. I did not use the green part of the green onions in the mixture, but I ate them with the meal instead. You should find a usage for them. 
Get the garlic cloves, and mash them after peeling. The idea is to get as much surface as possible so that they can dissolve and affect the overall taste better so you can do whatever you want like double triple chopping. 

In the photo, you can see that I did not make cross-cut before, but I had to slice them into smaller pieces later. So it is better to star with a cross-cut before chopping them. Even simply using a blender could work if you do it with paused small turns.
Mix the minced meat with garlic and the onions in a bowl and add a little water if it is too stubborn. Later I found out that adding egg yokes could prevent the mixture from scattering so I will also add them next time. I'd wanted to keep things as simple as possible because I would experiment with different flavors, such as curry or another spice, but I later thought that thyme could be definitely so good to add at this stage. I also don't like to add too much stuff, then it becomes something else which prevents me from having some primary taste in the food, as now I am now experimenting to do so. So sorry, no fantastic olive oil or sunflower seeds. (wait a minute, can be experimented :D)

Experimenting With Different Spices Will be Fun, This is the Stage Where you Mix Minced Meat with Onions and Garlic. Add Some Fantastic Stuff If You Want
Here comes the adding cheese part. Get cube-shaped cuts from the harzer käse. (That is my magic cheese, zero fat, zero carbs, and yeah zero sugar, and 29 gr of protein :O) Wrap the cubes with the cheddar sheets. I wanted to use only one slice of a cheese that could be melted easily so I picked cheddar, but I ended up using two slices to cover all the harzer käse slices. Press the minced meat mixture to have a wide circle, put the cheese you packed in the middle, make a perfect sphere or some object you like. I rolled the whole mixture to have a cylindrical meat-ball. 

Cheese for Melting and Harzer Käse that I Used

Get your pan very hot, and without using any additional oil, seal the outer layer of the meatball. Try not to burn your hands in this stage as I was doing this with bare hands, (because it was fun to try to avoid the hot pan :D) but using a pair of tongs is wiser. Old story, we are sealing the outer layer to have a crust let the juices inside since we will put the meatball in the oven to get a melted magma inside :O. Heat your oven, to 100 centigrade degrees, but just do not put the meatball immediately, because as its outer layer is still so hot from the sealing stage it can quickly burn. Instead, get the already boiled celery roots and lay them in a mold, then put them in the oven while leaving the meatball rest for 3-4 minutes to cool down a little. 

Make your tomato paste, jalapeño sauce by cutting the peppers into very small pieces and adding a little water, with the tomato paste. 

Take the celery roots out, and put the meatball in the middle, like a Norse King sitting on his throne, and pour the sauce on top.  

Sealed Meatball with Boiled Celery Roots.

I baked this structure for 25-30 minutes at a temperature somewhere between 100-150 degrees centigrade, then let it sit in the hot oven for 5 minutes after turning it off.

This Went in the Oven Like the King I Mentioned Before Went on a Battle With the Ships :D

As you can see in the pictures above, I was not successful to keep the meatball firm, on the other hand, this made small openings so, in the end, the cheese package in the inner cores of melted magma got out, so it was a nice view to enjoy. I will use egg yokes next time for aid though.

This is What I Got out of the Oven




This tasted fantastic, ate it without mercy, so you should do that too! Take care, until the next recipe ;)







Comments

Popular Posts